Wednesday 22 February 2012

Brief 5 - Chosen Food Establishments

I have chosen 4 restaurants from my larger list that I want to work with. Certain food places were excluded because I would have to undergo a project looking at their whole branding and identity not just their menu and in house atmosphere. Eventually I came up with a list of 8 and most of which turned out to be either independent to Leeds or very small companies. Those that were big companies with stores all over the UK I decided to exclude because I thought it would be nice to work more closely with the independent Leeds scene. The fact that re-designing a big brand's menu and dining experience is a big undertaking and would probably mean that each restaurant was a separate brief made me favour smaller companies and my final list is as follows:

Viva
The  New Conservatory
Oracle
River Plate

Each of these restaurant's bring unique aspects to the food scene in Leeds and are all one off's so helping define their dining experience is key for their survival.

Each restaurant I feel could appeal better to customers with a new menu and a stronger in house brand identity, helping to create more of an atmosphere and experience for the diners.

No comments:

Post a Comment